Re: [Amps] 3-500Z tubes ...

To: Behiels JeanPierre <on4aef@telenet.be>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z tubes ...
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 06:57:28 -0600
I have run a pair of the RFP 3-500ZG in a TenTec Centurion rf
amplifier for about 11 years now with no issues.
The Ep is 3100 v. no load.

For the past few years I have used them exclusively in AM service
where they dissipate 700 to 800 watts dead carrier and put out ~300
watts in the neighborhood of 400 ma Ip.  This is during long
transmissions, of 10+ minutes.  3x stock airflow and orange anodes but
absolutely no issues with the tubes.  I consider them thoroughly
de-gassed : )

73

Rob
K5UJ