[Amps] Henry 3K Premier Problem

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 3K Premier Problem
From: Ken Asmus <ken.asmus@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 11:32:07 -0500
I only use my 3K premier on 80 and 160M. When firing up the amp after not
using it for about 6 months, I was tuning up on 160M when I turned the tune
control off it's end stop, as I do about one a year!

After opening up the top panels and putting the tuning control back on the
track  I turned the amp on and the main house breaker on the 220V line
immediately popped!

After resetting the circuit breaker the amp came on again without problem
but now the T/R switching does not work and the amp will not go into
transmit.

I measured across the relay control;RCA connector and get 30V.

When in idle (no drive) the following are meter readings:

HV  approx 4500V SSB and 3700V CW
Grid 0ma
Plate 0ma (I would have expected something here)

I have little Amp troubleshooting experience (just some work on a SB-200
previously).

Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks,
Ken VA3KA