[Amps] Faulty MFJ 269

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Faulty MFJ 269
From: "Andy GD0TEP" <andy@gd0tep.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 07:37:50 -0000
Hello to the group,

I have an MFJ 269 that I used when building my first amp and found it to be
invaluable. The amp now appears to have some sort of problem in the anode
compartment, I think the tune vac-cap has gone duff, but I was going to
check it with my MFJ when I found that IT has gone faulty...

I'm sure I can sort the amp out once I have a working MFJ...

The device seems to power up OK, and the SWR display works fine and give
what I'd consider to be the correct readings, but the impedance display
always reads high, i.e. 400+ ohms. That is until I switch modes and then the
display moves to zero as expected. In simple terms the impedance meter isn't
working.

Is this fixable?

And if so, does anyone in the UK know where I can send it to for repairs.

Thanks in advance.

73

Andy
http://gd0tep.com