Re: [Amps] warbleing gi-7

To: "'Glen Zook'" <gzook@yahoo.com>, "'Terry P'" <n0pgr@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, "'KC5GTTCarey Lockhart'" <kc5gtt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] warbleing gi-7
From: "Sam Carpenter" <Sam@OwensCommunication.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:45:39 -0500
Agreed, I think he should look at the shielding on the audio inputs or any
other input on his xcvr and also the station earth ground. It will need to
be low impedance with short as possible run of silver braid, copper
strapping,#6 stranded or #2 stranded if longer than 10' or the like. Also
will want a good 8' ground rod. He should have a transmission line ground
kit at the entrance to the shack going to a common ground. Stray RF will do
all kinds of funny audio things and burn you sometimes too.