Re: [Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW
From: "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:46:21 -0500
I know that this is going to cause pace makers to go in to over drive
everywhere and plaque to fly off of arterial walls but I don't understand
why there is a rule governing our power output level anyway.  I personally
think it should be based on regulating how clean and "tight" your signal is.
I have had many many more problems with a lid close by on the band pushing
that whatever it is amp to its last .00000001 watt of output and he is as
loud 5kc away as he is on his primary frequency.
I personally have 2 amps, one has 3 db (close) of headroom the other has 6db
(conservatively) of headroom at legal limits. The only complaint of my
signal being wide that I have ever had is from a guy who thought that I was
another station who he was having his own private war with.

Thank Y'all

Joe N4JBK