Re: [Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW

To: <donroden@hiwaay.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:59:21 -0800
Just a few words from me on qro.
It has been a few years back, but I recall seeing 4-400's (4 of `em") with
plates that were white in color behind old WW II bullet proof glass to protect
the onlookers. Giggle now as I also recall being told to read the novice test
Q&A with that light in hopes that I might learn something from it.  This was in
1952.  At the same qth, on cool misty days you could watch the moisture on the
RG-17 coax grow warm and evaporate as the operator manned the station.  That
fellow who was the VC when I passed my extra in y2k is now a sk.
73,
Gary...wa6fgi
( I like the lusty glow of the 3-550 Z's in my AL-82 nowadays)