[Amps] Carbon resistor value change direction

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Carbon resistor value change direction
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:44:44 -0400

Because its not the general direction they take.

I have measured literally hundreds of carbon comps used in parasitic
suppressors and as HV multipliers and have yet to see one go down in value.

The few that Ive experienced were not in any amp or radio.

There are also resistors that look exactly like 2W carbons. Open them up and
you find a very thin nichrome wire wound on a ceramic core.

Note that Ive changed the subject line again.....

Carl
KM1H