Re: [Amps] 4cx800a

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4cx800a
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:42:17 -0500
Hi Carl,

Carl wrote:
> Ive no info on the Chinese tubes Roger, is there a good source in
> English?

I have the data sheet plus the constant current curves on the "F"  and
may have some translations for some QRO tubes suitable for higher
frequencies coming soon as well as photos of the tubes, sockets, and
chimneys. I can forward it to you if you are interested. I keep hearing
about the "B" version and wondered if any one knew what it is?   The "F"
version supposedly has pretty good IM figures. It fits the same socket
as the 4CX1500B But the Chinese socket uses a slightly larger centering
pin so if replacing a FU728F with a 4CX1500 in the Chinese socket the
centering pin needs to be replaced with one slightly smaller which is a
*relatively* easy change. The only commercial amps "that I know of"
using these tubes already have the change made to the smaller centering pin.

73

Roger (K8RI)