Re: [Amps] Testing tubes for an Alpha 78

To: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Testing tubes for an Alpha 78
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 11:27:36 -0500
Thats also the way National recommended it back in 63. It was also the
method used for customers to check the matching of their tubes.

I talked with Ray Heaton many times as I was a secondary source of several
components in the 7 series amps. Id also worked on Nationals vapor cooled
military amp using the same tube as the 70V and passed along some
information on the development issues. Those were interesting days when
competitors were friendly and often cooperative at the engineering level.

Carl
KM1H