[Amps] OT: Fw: Who sells black rope?

To: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] OT: Fw: Who sells black rope?
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:11:18 -0800
The "black dacron" rope you get at HRO and AES is simply white nylon cord
with black braid sheath over the nylon. Problem with it is the braided
sheets slides off the nylon.

Bottom line... Buy something less expensive and replace it once and a while.
You have to replace the "black dacron" too. If the black sheath gets broken,
it slides off the nylon. It MAY be OK if you use pulleys. If you put it over
a tree branch, the sheath comes off in about 6 months.

73
Jim W7RY