Re: [Amps] LK500-ZB

To: vic@rakefet.com, kg7hf@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK500-ZB
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:44:44 EDT
It seems there could be a risk of excess filament current if the "wrong"
filament pin is selected. To minimize the risk of this, both filament pins
can be connected together and the "zapper" connects from there to the  grid.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/11/2009 9:50:42 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
vic@rakefet.com writes:

Paul  Decker wrote:

> Would I just put this to the heater  pins?

Between ONE of the filament pins and the grid! Across the  filament would
of course destroy it.

My experience with these tubes has  been that it's common to see a short
that develops only
after the filament  warms up. In this case, you wouldn't be able to do this
with a cold  tube.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno  CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco