Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet
From: vk3pa@vk3pa.com
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:44:21 -0500
Quoting Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>:

In vk land the reason for the fuse is to protect the WIRING not the
device as per u could have 3  devices on one circuit say each @ 5 amps
es ur c/breaker is rated at 15Amps just ok for ur wiring "but" say u
have 3 devices @ 10Amp =30Amps then your wiring is under rated..if  ur
using 15Amp rated wiring for that circuit!!