Re: [Amps] Alpha 374A ?

To: <chasm@texas.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 374A ?
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 01:31:59 +0000
The 374 is a lot like the 76a, if I remember right.
If so, the 374 manual tuning will cover 3-30mc
just fine.  Alphas have been sold to science and testing labs and
for diathermy (sp?) everywhere and thus must
tune all freqs below 30mc.  One ham, yrs ago,
used an Alpha to irradiate grass seeds to see
if they grow better in RF fields.
The only thing other than freq coverage u get
going from Heath to Alpha is the label.  Of course,
there are southern boys who get 3 to 3.5 KW out,
that is out, from their three hole 76 just by loading
them up and driving them hard.... watching grid
current always.  But the 3-500z Henrys seem to
be lots more stingy....  Stand back, and watch out,
 however, from
the Henry 3K, 4K and 5K etc..... (Isn't there a 5K?).
73

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com