Re: [Amps] Alpha 77 (8877) exhaust temp?

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 77 (8877) exhaust temp?
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:22:47 -0700
Thanks, Bill.

That idea also gets around the issue of using a potentially RF-noisy DC
motor, as pointed out by K7RDX.
Short of the complications and overkill of a single-phase VFD, a couple
of speeds with a switched capacitor might be the best compromise.

Color me a heretic, but I don't like the stock 2-speed tapped-resistor
scheme used in the '77 at all. Mine runs at high speed all the time
anyway, so I'm assuming the clothes dryer thermostat is shorted. Or
something equally annoying...

73,
Jim, N7CXI