Re: [Amps] [Moon-net] Major breakthrough with regenerative yagi.

To: Robert Groh <rgroh@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Moon-net] Major breakthrough with regenerative yagi.
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 07:41:20 +0100
Robert Groh wrote:
> Well, your idea certainly hit home for me!  Way, way back in the olden
> days (probably 1950'ish when I was about 8 or 9 years old), I had
> exactly the same idea.  I was very excited about the idea, drew up a
> sketch and tried to convince my father to help me build it.  Perpetual
> motion!  Why not!  Well, he was a bit more pragmatic and the idea died a
> quiet death after a couple of weeks.  Don't remember when I had learned
> enough physics to figure out it was a non-starter but I sure do remember
> the excitement of the idea!
>
> 73
> Bob Groh, WA2CKY

Interesting you say that. I wonder how many other kids have had the same
idea. It is probably the easiest concept of a perpetual motion machine
to understand. I can't think of an easier example myself.

A guy was telling me at work once his mate managed to get free
electricity - enough to heat his green house. This idea does sound
plausible, though its not perpetual motion.

Many homes in the UK have the mains electricity coming into the house
via 3 cables - live, neutral and earth. The earth and neutral are joined
at the sub-station, but due to the resistance of the wires, and the
unbalanced load on the 3 phases , there can be a small voltage between
neutral and earth. That does not pass through the electricity meter, so
you do not pay for it.

No chance of it working here - I have a 3-phase supply, but no earth is
supplied to me.

Dave, G8WRB