Re: [Amps] RE K2RIW 2 Meter Amp.

To: "Ken" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>, "Chuck Nolin" <wa6ltv@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE K2RIW 2 Meter Amp.
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:11:09 -0400
On a VHF forum a guy just built a 432 version and K2RIW himself was
talking him thru it.

I have a 2M version I built in the 60's still on a shelf as a backup in
case the 3CX1000A7 amp dies. Originally for AM it was changed to a
linear after a few years when SSB took off on 2M.

Dick was way ahead of anyone else in getting efficiency on 432. There
were also at least 2 commercial companies building clones for 144, 220,
and 432.

Carl
KM1H