Re: [Amps] winding an HV transformer

To: "'Paul Decker'" <kg7hf@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] winding an HV transformer
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:04:51 +0300
...none!
With full wave rectification of a square wave you get the peak to peak
voltage of the secondary as the DC output.
What scares me after having worked on off line converters for about 6 years
is the primary number of windings: it seems much too low and since you give
no information on the core, I can't verify the number of turns. I would
expect to see 20 turns or so in the primary.
Please give me more info and I shall try to make sure you don't send the
power transistors to the grave.
Alex    4Z5KS