[Amps] 4-1000 Amp

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4-1000 Amp
From: "Robert Perdue" <kc0hfl@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:45:39 -0600
Okay I need direction I am wanting to build a 4-1000 amp I came across several
tubes at a good price I have most of what I need now here is my sticking point.
I have found several articles on using this tube but can't decide on witch to
use I found a 2 tube in May 63 73 magazine and a single in July 63 QST and
another in March 66 CQ magazine all have differences for instance the Mar.66 CQ
design uses 400v on the Screen and is grid driven the others are cathode driven
grounded grid. I wanted to go 2 tubes because of the cool factor but I would
settle for a proven design of a single I want to build it once so please give
me direction. Thanks.

Bob,kc0hfl