Re: [Amps] My NCL-2000 warc band experiments

To: franktbrady@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] My NCL-2000 warc band experiments
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:55:13 EST
Frank, asking out of curiosity here: did you by chance try 30m with the 20m
position and 17m with the 15m position?

If there is enough C in the variable caps you might reach resonance without
having to add the coils taps. Granted the loaded Q will be higher but at these
 relatively low frequencies (compared to 10m) might work ok.

On the heating effect; it is fundamentally an I squared times R thing. The  R
could be higher, the I could be higher or both. I do know that a soldered tap
 will be much lower loss than the limited contact area provided by alligator
clip  teeth.

73,
Gerald K5GW

steps!