Re: [Amps] Bypass SWR RJ1As

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bypass SWR RJ1As
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:53:07 +0000
If adding shunt C reduces the VSWR, then the relays are adding
inductance in the line. When you have series L and shunt C you get
a network that changes the impedance. If the inductance is low
enough, the impedance shift is small and you end up with low VSWR.
If the inductance (or should I say reactance) is higher, the
impedance change is higher and you can't get back to 1:1 VSWR.

It's much easier to explain on a Smith chart :-)

Try a series C in the through path.

Steve