Re: [Amps] 3CPX1500A7 Fil Voltage

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CPX1500A7 Fil Voltage
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:37:48 +0000
I'm using one of those tubes in my homebrew amp that I got from W1QJ.  My
original tube was an 8877 and it arc'd.  Louie provided the CPX tube, said it
was ok, and I set it at 5 volts on the filament and it runs smooth as silk.
Stable as a rock on all bands, legal limit out all bands.  The only thing is
that 3 minute warmup which at times seems like 10 minutes!  So even if it would
take 5.5 volts I don't see any reason to push it.  Leave it at 5.0 and if you
get a little more line voltage you will have some margin of safety.

Rick  K2XT