[Amps] NCL-2000 meter lamps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] NCL-2000 meter lamps
From: Frank T Brady <franktbrady@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:13:53 -0500
Hello,
I recently purchased a ncl-2000 as my first amp.
The meter backlight bulbs were dimly glowing just brightly enough to see
the filaments.
I checked the bulbs and they were not the type shown in the schematic.
I bought the 'proper' bulbs and they had the same problem.
I (finally) looked at the wiring and, rather than being wired in
parallel across the filament winding (like the "on" lamp) the bulbs are
wired in series between the ac voltage source and ground.

Before I start rewiring, I thought I'd see if anyone else has seen or
hear of such a mod/kludge or know of any reason why someone would do this?

Thanks and 73,
Frank w0ecs