[Amps] Dentron MLA2500 Blowing Fuses

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Dentron MLA2500 Blowing Fuses
From: "Adrian Rees \(MW1LCR\)" <rees.a@btconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 20:48:57 -0000
Hi all

Thanks to all those who replied, on and off the list.

The main power transformer is working OK, and all the voltages are
correct. The insulation is good as there is no earth leakage. The main
Valves (tubes to our US friends) are fine as far as I can tell.

So, I plan to rebuild the power supply, by upgrading the Electrolytic
capacitors, rebuiding the diode stack and associated components,adding
inrush protection (soft start) and improving the air flow through the
power supply section.

I'll let you all know how I get one !

Thanks again

Adrian MW1LCR