[Amps] Solid State Amp Question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Solid State Amp Question
From: "ANTHONY JAPHA" <tjjapha@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:34:26 -0400
Ampers,
I'm building a homebrew Xcvr and want to include a 100 watt solid state final,
the power needed to drive my amp.  In looking for a suitable circuit for the
100 watt final, I had first decided to use the 140 watt EB63 module offered by
Communication Concepts.  The same module is included in a QST article from
12/05 called "The Super Packer HF Amp."

Then I ran across a design from the 1995 Handbook for a 50 watt amp, using MRF,
which uses MRF 477s.  It has very attractive protection circuitry.  The writeup
concludes with the suggestion that a 100 watt or 150 watt version could be
designed.  That's beyond my capabilities, and I thought that one of the
builders on this list may have done such a thing.  What about it--anyone have
any suggestions about a 100 watt version of that amp?

The other possibility I'm thinking about is using the protective circuits from
that 50 watt final with the EB63.

There may also be another option, but I will need a proven circuit that has a
pc board available.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks & 73,
Tony, N2UN