Re: [Amps] Dentron DTR 2000L Linear

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dentron DTR 2000L Linear
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:28:20 -0400
Lee Buller wrote:
> What does anyone know about the Dentron DTR 2000L amp?  Seems to be straight
> forward amp.  Good?  Bad?  Ugly?

I had one back when they first came out.  It worked well. I only had one
problem with it. A low voltage cap exploded.  The jacket blew off in one
piece and hit the top of the cabinet.  It looked like a 38 wad-cutter
that had hit something solid. (Loud too<g>). I replaced the cap and
never had another problem with it.  I liked that amp.  I think the PS
could have had a bit better regulation, but tune in the CW position and
switch to SSB and it easily ran 2 KW PEP out at an average 1KW input
with my voice characteristics.
> Lee - K0WA
>

> In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
> don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't
> find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.
> Is Common Sense divine?

When it comes to common sense, like judgmental capability you can only
supply the person with the proper tools or information,  but you can't
give or teach them that ability.

73

Roger (K8RI)