Re: [Amps] Relays

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Relays
From: wa9jml@tbc.net
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:54:36 -0500
I am working on a boatanchor project, namely a power supply for my ancient
Gonset G-76 transceiver.  I am looking for a relay with a 12 volt AC coil, and
with SPDT contacts that can switch 700 volts DC, at about 350 mils.  The relay
grounds the transceiver HV line during receive, and hooks it up to B+ when
transmitting.  I have had problems with the relays arcing from B+ to ground in
the past.  Does anyone here have some relays to suggest for this project?

73,

Steve WA9JML