[Amps] UNFINISHED 8877 AMP PROJECT FOR SALE

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] UNFINISHED 8877 AMP PROJECT FOR SALE
From: Norman Hockler <sanorm@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:11:12 -0500
Amps Subscribers

UNFINISHED 8877 AMP PROJECT
Pictures available, Please contact me direct

Unfortunately I can not finish this project and am going to put it on
e-bay if no one is interested in it. The circuit is based on a 2kw
design in the 1976 and 92 RA Handbook with appropriate adaptations.
Copies provided

What is available are:

1 8877 pull  ( in the amp) and 2 YU-158  (8877 with higher plate V
rating, sold separately)  that as far as I know are ok ( or I
wouldn't have bought them) .

The construction consists of two aluminum chassis mounted on top of
each other and bolted together providing isolation between the input
section and the output section.

The bottom area contains the complete input z matching module from a
Drake L4B  and partitioned off from the rest of bottom section. A
filament transformer with feed through caps into the isolated tube
socket area, and bottom plate.
Square hole and bolt holes cut in back for blower. ( blower included).

The top section contains an air tune cap, roller inductor,
vacuum  load cap, plate choke, anode parasitic choke, high voltage
wiring to a HV connector.

Additional parts and pieces,  rack mount front panel 12x19 ( no holes
but has needs painted), James Millen  turns counter for the roller
inductor, Jennings RJ1A-26S vacuum relay,Grid control and alarm board
(Hanson) partly assembled ( most parts loose, no dwg, available from
Far Circuits),  3 nice rectangular (1ma) meters marked 0-300 ma and
0-150 KV, and if you wish 3 other square meters marked 0-1 amp, 0-100 ma.

de Norm  N8NH