Re: [Amps] My 813GG amp works

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] My 813GG amp works
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:28:33 -0500
Try an RFI kit from one of those toroid core companies.

It's not unlikely that you will find other household appliances that will
become sensitive once you are on an antenna.

When I got my first commercial amp, an Alpha 87A, I hooked it up to a 160
meter dipole about 30 feet off the ground just outside the shack window.
Watching the SWR carefully I was able to get about 800 watts out.  After
calling CW for a few minutes my XYL reported the garage door was repeatedly
opening/closing, the big screen TV in the family room was turning itself on
and off and the remote telephone was un-useable during my transmissions.
Such is life with an amplifier.

Since then I have moved the shack out of the house into an apartment we
built for the in-laws years ago.

73, Keith NM5G