Re: [Amps] New Guy, Old 813 amp

To: scott.m.bowen@nasa.gov, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Guy, Old 813 amp
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:06:07 EDT
Scott, welcome aboard.  To my knowledge there were very few commercial
amplifiers built with 813 tubes.  The ones that were built I do not believe
had
any tuned input circuits.  The 813 is an older tube and was used in the  days
when exciters were "loaded up".  These exciters would match a wide  band of
impedance and therefore input circuits were not needed and  consequently not
used
in older amps.  Of course you could build your own  tuned input network using
some mica caps and some small tuned input coils.   Perhaps someone has the
data on them here, but I doubt you will find anything  that has been
commercially
made.  The 813 tube was widely used in homebrew  amps and most likely someone
here may have built some input circuits and can  help you.  Lou