[Amps] Cooling for GI-7B triodes.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Cooling for GI-7B triodes.
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:11:57 +1000
I am currently constructing another linear amplifier this time using a
pair of GI-7B(T) triodes.
Perusing various projects using these tubes I note that most builders
use an ordinary standard computer fan for a pair of tubes.One of the
articles states that these tubes run cooler than the old 572B triodes.I
take it that the anode coolers are able to shed heat more efficiently.
My intention is to mount the tubes in the horizontal plane.Instead of
using a typical 240 volt computer fan I am considering using a pair of
12 volt fans from old switch mode supplies, placing each blower directly
beneath each anode so that each tube has a good blast of air instead of
sharing the flow from one blower.
I have tested the air flow from a number of these little fans and it is
quite substantial.
I have sought opinions from a couple of friends with good home brewing
skills and they see merit in this proposal.
I would be interested in wider comment from the Amps community.
Regards to all.....Bob VK3ZL..