[Amps] diathermy rigs TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] diathermy rigs TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 14:31:35 -0600
Short answer is no. But yes, you could dig around and find a few
parts, maybe a mica cap, or a meter. But most medical SW diathermy
rigs are around 300 watts output max, and use tubes with approx 100
watt dissipation. They are not usually configured to be linear
amplfiiers. Post 1950 eh? That might have a crystal oscillator with a
buffer - with tubes. The earlier generation of units used
self-excited oscillator TPTG or the like, and usually had a pair of
triodes in the them. I have two of these machines, one is from the
1930s and the other is from the 1960s. Both work around 13-17 Mhz,
but the earlier one can wander around. The newer one is on 13.56 MHz
ISM frequency rock bound. The RF leakage from the old wooden machine
is high.

73
John
K5PRO