Re: [Amps] QSK

To: amps@contesting.com (Amps)
Subject: Re: [Amps] QSK
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 00:45:11 +0000
From: "carl s." <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
>               If you are an "avid" dxer  , Qsk may be a TOOL, But to the avg
> ham , how important is it.??? In the day to day communications of the
> typ.Ham  who really cares ?????

I think that once upon a time, people did care. Those B&W electronic switches
couldn't all have been sold to traffic handlers. I built a similar circuit into
my DX-100, and later my Valiant. (It used a 6AH6 and I believe it was published
in Orr's Handbook.) Back in the day, you could break someone calling CQ,
instead of waiting for him to finish calling. Use of QSK was commonplace in
casual ragchewing, not only traffic handling and DXing. It makes CW much more
conversational.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/