[Amps] Two transformer questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Two transformer questions
From: gd0tep@Safe-mail.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:44:12 +0000
Hi,

Just joined the list.

First, I plan on altering my PSU in an amplifier running a pair of 3cx800A7
tubes, it currently has a signal toroid transformer with a voltage doubler. I
have TWO spare toroids of the same value, Iâd like to be able to fit both of
these in the amp (there is room) with the secondary windings in series. As the
two transformers would sit one on top of the other, should I be worried about
any magnetic interaction between the two??

Secondly, Iâm looking for a replacement transformer for an Emtron DX3, the UK
supplier still hasn't returned with information about costs in shipping from
VK, if at all he can get one. Is there anyone in the UK that could rewind this
for me? Or, anyone know who might be able to supply a replacement with in EU,
or perhaps America..

Any info on both of these questions would be very helpful.

73

Andy
http://gd0tep.com