[Amps] Relay set up

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Relay set up
From: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@socket.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:17:26 -0600
I am bread boarding my relay set up for the amp I am building. The first
one is a small 12vdc coil  relay that will be actuated by the radio,
this will switch 75vdc to the next relay, it has a 120vac coil that will
switch the input from antenna bypass to the grid drive... My question
is, does it make and difference how a diode is put across the input of
the coil? Any particular size or type diode? I plan on this relay to
also energize 75 vdc to the next relay for the bias change. Do I have it
right in my mind ? Antenna first , then it trips the bias relay. I also
plan on putting in a foot switch so I only will use the amp to make
contact in a contest as required.

            Rich , kd0zz