Re: [Amps] Hipot tester Info Needed

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hipot tester Info Needed
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:38:56 -0500
Harry,

I have one of those but not sure about the model. If I can dig it out, I'll see
if I can find a manual for it. For checking tubes, a leakage of around 1uA is
undesirable. Also check the HV leads on the hipot for cracking, especially
where it goes into the hipot. The wires insulation gets old and brittle. I
changed it on mine using HV lead wire like used for the CRT anodes on TV sets.
It will carry 40 kV.

Best,

Will