Re: [Amps] LK-2000HD photos

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK-2000HD photos
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:43:01 -0500
Scott,

I'm not sure on this amp, but some manufacturers had the plate choke made to
become self-resonant (SR) on 10 meters to keep CBr's from using them. This also
helped the amp get passed by the FCC because it had to be unoperational on 10
meters. The choke could have been changed and the bandswitch changed around for
10 meter operation or similar. Anyhow, by the choke being tampered with, what
did they do? A few turns off won't amount to much unless it moves the SR of the
choke to an operating band. Some did "park" the SR so WARC could be used. Park,
being to move the SR to another frequency so WARC could be used. This amounts
to removing a few turns on the choke. Below is a link to the archives here
where Rich Measures speaks about this;

http://lists.contesting.com/_amps/2000-10/msg00621.html

Best,

Will