Re: [Amps] Amp input

To: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp input
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:20:23 -0800
"I have been told that the new ARRL handbook has an amp design which uses a
comercial autotuner as the input network for an 3cx1500D7 amp. Could someone
tell me if this is true? It sounds like a good idea to simplify the design.
If this is true, what commercial autotuner is used and is it mounted
internally or at the rear chassis drive connector?
73, Dan, N5AR"

Dan, the amp does use a commercial autotuner - a LDG LT-100, which was
supplied without front or rear panel.  It should be as close as possible to
the cathode, so internal mounting is preferred.  73,  Colin  K7FM