Re: [Amps] Rf choke

To: jan@on6zg.be, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Rf choke
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:08:08 GMT
Hi Jan,
  The theory behind those "sectioned" chokes is that all the resonances will
fall somewhere friendly.  In the real world they tend to behave rather similar
to contiguously wound solenoids.

  For some background info on plate parallel feed RF chokes and alternative
solutions see:

http://wc6w.50webs.com/wc6wamps/index.html?fr62.html

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

-- jan <jan@on6zg.be> wrote:
Hi,

I´m building a HF gs35b amplifier, but i´m having a problem with the rf
choke in the High voltage line.
On 15meters the choke gets hot.
Has anyone got specifications for building a 160m to 10m rf choke? I´ve
found several amps with a choke like this inside:
http://www.kvindesland.no/yl2qm/images/rfc.gif

thanx for any help
ON6ZG, Jan

www.on6zg.be