Re: [Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection
From: Danny Ray Boyer <drboyer@centralcom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:00:28 -0600
It has been my experience that GFI outlets & breakers and nearby HF RF
energy do not mix.

When the GFI devices detect any small amount of closeby RF - they open
up the AC circuit.

At the locations that where we employ HF RF, we had to take the GFI
devices out and replace them with conventional AC outlets and breakers.

Nice idea, but unworkable around HF RF, even at power levels of less
than 100 watts.

DRB