[Amps] Philco Book Set

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Philco Book Set
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:59:27 -0400
All,

I finally completed the set of six books by Philco-Ford named "Electronic and
Electrical Fundamentals". These are an actual course and cover everything from
electron theory to microwave. The last book I received today was volume III
named Vacuum Tube and Semiconductor Fundamentals. I would reccomend this book
to anyone that wants to learn about tubes and transistors. This book was
published in 1960 right when both were being used. It is the most complete book
on the subject I've seen yet with many easy to understand illustrations. In
tubes it covers everything from the diode, to microwave tubes, and crt's. It
also covers diodes and transistors while explaining their kin to the vacuum
diode and triode. It also shows how to read the curve charts correctly and how
they're determined.

Out of the six book set, for amateur radio folks, I'd reccomend this volume
plus the one on AC theory. The others are important too but these two are the
very best I've seen. If possible to find a full set, I'd advise on buying them
if you have an intrest in the subject. I'm totally satisfied I did, and took a
little over a year to find all six volumes. We had these when I was in
Vocational School, and had missed them since I graduated in 1983.

Best,

Will