Re: [Amps] Wrong Business

To: <craxd1@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Wrong Business
From: "Floyd Sense" <fsense@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:31:59 -0400
Indeed.  Others arrived at the same conclusion years earlier.  Ever wonder
what happened to Dennis Had (formerly K8KXK), founder of Dentron and
Ameritron ?  After leaving the amateur radio business, he started a small
company that specialized in building tube-based audio amplifiers.  Here's
the link to his website for Cary Audio:
www.caryaudio.com

Several years ago I visited his manufacturing site and he gave me a tour of
the facility.  On the loading dock were a couple of pallets of high-end tube
amplifiers, bound for Japan.  In reality, I think there's little difference
between the buyers of that gear and the guys who buy the most expensive ham
gear available.  It's just a bigger market and they have a lot more money!

73, K8AC