Re: [Amps] LK500 Amp Problem

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK500 Amp Problem
From: "Will Matney" <craxd@engineer.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:13:16 -0500
Adrian,

You want to make sure you hold the magnet wire taught when rewinding it. Then
the end connections will hold it pretty much in place. Afterwards, get a spray
can of polyurathane varnish and spray on an even coat. About 2-3 coats would be
good for thickness, just allow it to air dry between coats. You dont want
anything thicker than this because of heat dissapation. Anything that can trap
heat into the wire derates its power capability. Make sure to use a wire gage
to see what size wire the choke was originally wound with.

Best,

Will