[Amps] ICOM "send control" timing

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ICOM "send control" timing
From: jeff millar <wa1hco@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 16:07:25 -0400
My Icom IC-746Pro has an output called the "Send Control Jack" and the
manual says "Goes to ground while transmitting to control external
equipment such as a linear amplifier."  I didn't see any timing
information.  Does anyone know the timing between this signal getting
asserted and the output of RF?

Our VHF station uses a sequencer for normal operation, but I'm trying to
prove we have safe operation in case the operator presses the Transmit
butter on the front panel rather than keying the radio through the
sequencer.

thanks,

jeff