[Amps] Old Power tubes

To: wa4tuk-rf@comcast.net,"Neil Carr G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Old Power tubes
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 15:12:23 -0400
Speaking of finding old power tube data. In the 1960's I paid $10 for a
used ML6623. I have lost the data to it. But it is similar to the 5762 in
many ways but the filament is 6 volts at 60 amps. This was a new tube put
into WSM's AM transmitter (driver) and only after a few hours use the
output dropped.  I was taking it home and picked it up by one of the
filament leads and suddenly the lead came loose from the big pin that it
was connected to. This bad solder joint may have been the source of the
problem. Never got back to looking into it. If someone has info on this
tube , I would appreciate a copy.
Thanks

73
Bill wa4lav