Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: 4CX350 distortion products?

To: "'craxd1@ezwv.com'" <craxd1@ezwv.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: 4CX350 distortion products?
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:52:54 -0800

Hmmm,

I was thinking someone on here a while back mentioned it was the same tube
but was beefed up a bit about the cooling. I dont have the spec sheet so was
going on recollection. I've never used one in an amp so cant comment
further. Thanks for letting me know.

Best,

Will

::Definitely very different tube from the 250 family.  I've used the 4CX350F
(26v version of the A) in several homebrew amps only because the tubes were
readily available "new surplus" (JAN 4CX350F) for $10 each back in the late
sixties, when I got them.  Higher screen voltage requirement, different
control grid bias requirement, and higher mu than the 250 family for sure.
I could drive a pair of the 350s to 1 kW output on two meters with about
four watts drive...-WB2WIK/6