Re: [Amps] Measuring RF Power

To: "David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>,<garyschafer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Measuring RF Power
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:40:27 -0800
> The confusion reminds me of the Nyquist Sampling Theorem. 99% of
> professional engineers think you have to sample a signal at 2 or more
> times the highest frequency component to recover it without aliasing.
> That is not true, but many engineers think it is true, and many books
> say it is true.

Okay, David, I'll bite (I am among the 99%, I guess). Are you referring
to the highest frequency component of a modulated carrier or the
information bandwidth of a modulated signal? If the former, I agree (e.g.
undersampling of modulated RF carriers is done all the time). If the
latter, then please explain :)