Re: [Amps] water cooled

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] water cooled
From: <chris@yipyap.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:39:32 -0000

I've never done water cooling.  Just had a couple of thoughts:

1) there was an article in QST within the last couple or three
months about a water cooled amp.

2) The car radiator idea is cool, but I would be more inclined to
use a heater core.

3) you might want to do some internet searching on people
water cooling their computers too.  I'd bet you'd find info
about how much heat vs. how much water is necessary.

4) You'll need distilled/etc. water to avoid yuckies building up in your
cooling system.  The QST article mentioned that.

5) And you might check out local sources for ornamental fountains, they
will have water pumps that can move quite a bit and not make loud noises.

Chris
kc0atc
(Still working on that 1-kw am transmitter project I've told ya'all about.)