[Amps] Help in getting a plate transformer

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Help in getting a plate transformer
From: Tomm Aldridge <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 01:53:57 +0000
All,

I need a transformer suitable for making a 3kV 1A power supply for a linear amplifier project. A Gates or Dahl BC1H transformer or similar with 240V input windings is the approximate target.

Let me know what you have, perhaps we can deal. I have a Kikusui 100MHz dual trace scope and an SG-677U sweep generator to trade.

Location here is Olympia, WA. For stuff this heavy, driving to a common exchange point within a few hundred miles is a real possibility over shipping.

KD7QAE, Tomm