Re: [Amps] Ferrite-loaded plate choke

To: df3kv@aol.com, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ferrite-loaded plate choke
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:53:39 GMT
Hi Peter,
  QSL.

  Your method requires much higher (2X plate V plus margin) voltage ratings on
the vacuum caps plus a larger than typical blocking cap.  The concentric coil
trick employs caps with "normal" ratings.

  I just looked at the coil(s) you mentioned on E-Bay.  Looks like as though
there were two of the Harris coils up last week.  Studying the photos, it
appears that one of them may have had the magic wire removed.  Those are a bit
on the large side for for my tastes!  :-)

  It didn't seem feasible to incorporate the "extra" wire into rotary coils
with mere 2KW proportions, which is why I'm using fixed coils with a bandswitch
in my project.

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

*