[Amps] Mounting of SK1A sockets for GU74 tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Mounting of SK1A sockets for GU74 tubes
From: "Thomas Hoeppe" <thomas.hoeppe@asamnet.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:12:53 +0100
Hello ACOMS or Alpha users.
The ACOMS linears use the brown bakelite SK1A sockets for the GU74b's. The
sockets are mounted with 4 standoffs using the 4 "wings" on the mounting
flange, so there is no perforation of the chassis needed, only one big hole.
The air flows through gap between the socket and the chassis, passing the tubes
body and leaving through the cooler/chimney.

Can anyone tell me the hight of the standoffs in the commercial linears? I want
to use those sockets in a homebrew design. Long standoff create low losses of
pressure because of the large gap, but the tube is grounded via 4 "L's" formed
of the standoffs.

What do the commercials use?

Tom, DJ5RE